Interested in USA Green Card Applications?

Maybe you’re here because you want to immigrate to the USA on a permanent basis.  If that is the case then you need a US Green Card.

There are different applications available for applying for US Permanent Residence or a US Green Card:

  • Family Based Petitions
  • Employment Based Petitions

Depending on your situation, you may be eligible to apply for a US Green Card using a Family based Petition for having relatives living in the US as US Citizens or Green Card holders. Certain family members may be eligible to sponsor or petition you for a Green Card.

Applying for a US Green Card? We Can Help

Applying for a US Green Card is not as simple as one might think.  Do you have the right support documentation or know how to properly fill out your application?

You should get the right legal advice in order to best present your case to the US immigration officers reviewing your case.

Niren & Associates’ 30 years of combined experience has helped thousands of people successfully obtain US Immigration Work Permits and Visas.

  • We have a proven track record in our Ottawa office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
  • We exclusively practice US and Canadian immigration so are focused and experienced

Click Here to get a no-obligation assessment of your current situation from one of our US immigration lawyers for our Ottawa, ON office

You guys put together a great app (I-130 visa for the U.S.) for us and was helpful, prompt w/ responses, offered a lot of help.  Because of this we went to our interview with confidence that our visa would be approved.  Kimiko T.

What You Need to Know About US Spousal Sponsorship Petitions I-130

If you are married to a US Citizen or a Green Card holder, your spouse may be eligible to sponsor you by filing an I-130 Petition.

  • However, your spouse must earn an income that is equivalent to at least 125% above the poverty line.
  • If this is not the case, your spouse will have to have a co-sponsor or co-signer complete an I-864 application form.
  • Further if your spouse is not a US Citizen and only a Green Card holder or a US Permanent Resident, then the application can take much longer, usually a number of years to process.

There are also two different application procedures available for US Citizen Spouses:

1. The Consular Processing application- where the foreign spouse usually remains outside the US while the application is in process and the application is forwarded to that spouse’s local US Consulate.

2. The Adjustment of Status (AOS) process– this process is for applicants who are already in the US usually as visitors, workers or students and who marry a US Citizen and want to remain in the US while their Spousal Petition is in process.

  • This application involves filing an AOS application (Form I-485) along with the other applications such as the I-130 and I-864.
  • The application is usually filed the local district office in the state you live in.

NOTE: that if you file an AOS application you cannot leave the US until the application has been approved unless you also file an I-131 application for Application for Advance Parole with the other AOS documents.

What You Need to Know About General Family Sponsorship Petitions

In certain circumstances, you may be able to be sponsored for a US Green Card by a relative who is a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident such as your sibling or parent.

These applications usually take longer than Spousal Sponsorship Applications and Adjustment of Status (AOS) procedure are usually not available in such cases.

What You Need to Know About Employment-Based Petitions for a Green Card

You may have a US employer who is willing to Petition you for US Permanent Residence.

In this case, most applicants are usually already in the US on a valid US Work Visa such as an L1 Visa or an H-1B Visa.

These Green Card applications are called Employment Based Petitions and usually involve filing an I-140 application to the Service Centre located in the jurisdiction of the place of employment.

Difficult to Sort Out?  We Can Help

Niren & Associates has experienced US immigration lawyers that are fully licensed and ready to help you when you take that first step and contact us. Our firm exclusively handle US and Canadian immigration cases, so we have the infrastructure and the processes in place to handle your case.

Click Here to speak with a US immigration attorney for our Ottawa Team today

We met over 1 year ago when you and your team helped me successfully attain my US Greencard through spousal sponsorship. The process was quick and painless – thanks for that. Since then I have received a great job and settled in for the foreseeable future with my wife and in-laws. Chris S.