Permanent Resident Card Lawyers in Ottawa

Permanent resident lawyers in Ottawa

A permanent resident in Canada should have a permanent resident card if they arrived in Canada after 2002. There are many complex requirements to holding your permanent resident card, from dealing with your permanent resident card (PR Card) expiring, getting your initial permanent resident card and not meeting the residency requirement. We can help you with all of these. 

I don’t have a permanent resident card: If you arrived in Canada as a permanent resident before 2002 and never obtained your permanent resident card, you need to apply for your initial permanent resident card.

My permanent resident card expired while I was outside of Canada: You must be inside of Canada to renew your permanent resident card, but you can’t return home with an expired permanent resident card. What can you do? You need to go to your closest Canadian consulate and obtain a travel document in order to return home to renew your permanent resident card. For help renewing your permanent resident card, contact us.

I failed to meet the residency requirement: The residency requirement, or being in Canada for two years out of every five, is an important requirement of being a permanent resident in Canada. If you fail to meet this requirement, your permanent residency in Canada could be at risk. Contact an immigration lawyer immediately if this has happened to you.

Permanent resident card lawyers in Ottawa

Do you want to immigrate to Ottawa or live and work in Ottawa on a permanent basis? We are licensed immigration lawyers who can help you realize your dreams of living in Ottawa permanently. Our immigration law firm has been in business for the past 15 years, helping clients from all over apply for permanent resident status using the many different immigration streams and categories available. We have also helped many renew their permanent resident cards even if they were facing obstacles in doing so, such as not meeting the residency requirement. Please contact us for assistance with your permanent residency status applications or permanent resident cards.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.