Have You Been Denied Entry to Canada?

You may require a Temporary Resident Permit also known as a TRP if you have been denied entry into Canada.

A Temporary Resident Permit or TRP is a Canadian immigration Permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. It allows you to enter to Canada as a visitor, worker or student even if you are considered inadmissible to Canada due to a criminal record or certain medical conditions.

Canadian immigration regulations are strict when it comes to even minor criminal offenses, even for offenses that have occurred many years ago.

There are also some risks to consider in applying for a TRP at the border or airport. You could be refused and turned away at the border. In some very unusual cases, you could be detained by the Canada Immigration authorities but this is rare.

Choose the Right Immigration Lawyers to Help You

In most cases, TRPs are submitted to a Canadian Consulate or Canadian Embassy for processing. If you are a U.S. citizen, you can apply for a Temporary Resident Permit at a Canadian Consulate in the US. However, the downside for applying at a Canadian consulate rather than the border is that processing times for TRP applications at the Canadian consulate sometimes can take a number of months.

Niren & Associates’ 30 years of combined experience has helped thousands of people successfully obtain Temporary Residence Permits (TRP’s).

  • We have a proven track record in our Ottawa office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
  • Our immigration firm is equiped with the infrastructure that is customized for immigration because we exclusively practice US and Canadian immigration
  • Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now

Click Here to get our Ottawa, ON office to handle your ‘Denied Entry to Canada’ situation today

Started with us by giving free consultation and then each staff worked with me in preparing the documents and doing the application. They were very concerned and precise to give me the correct information and updating me when needed. They responded to my E-mails and telephone calls quickly- very politely and I always get answers. Several times additional information or papers were needed for our Permanent Residence and Niren & Associates’ staff always showed me the easy path to complete our papers. Waleed T.

What Length Are Temporary Resident Permits Issued For?

  • The duration of your TRP varies depending on the circumstances of your case. TRPs. can be for a number of months or years and they could be for a single entry to Canada or for multiple entries to Canada.
  • In certain cases, if your conviction occurred 5 years ago or longer, you may be eligible to make an application for Criminal Rehabilitation to enter Canada. A Criminal Rehabilitation application, if approved, will wipe out your criminal inadmissibility that prevents you from entering Canada.
  • Like the Temporary Resident Permit, an application for Criminal Rehabilitation can be made at a Canada/US border if you are a U.S. Citizen or a national from a visa exempt country. Or you can make an application for criminal rehabilitation at a Canadian Consulate or Embassy.

If You Are Refused Entry to Canada…

Then you need a reputable Canadian immigration law firm handling your case.

Click Here for a no-obligation assessment of your Temporary Residence Permit challenges

I needed reliable, professional and respectful service done in timely manner. After working with Amy Shen on permanent resident I would definitely recommend Niren to other people. Michie W.