Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class is a new immigration program aimed to help temporary foreign workers and foreign students to use their managerial, professional, technical or trade work experience towards their applications for residence.

The time that International students and skilled workers spend in Canada while contributing to Canadian society will now assist in their eligibility to stay permanently.  If you are on a study permit or work permit in Canada, you may qualify.

If you want to go from temporary to permanent residence status, then you need to know all the qualifications for the Canadian Experience Class program, find the right paperwork, fill it correctly, know which documents need to go with your application and where to hand it in.

Qualifications for the Canadian Experience Class Program

Under the Canadian Experience Class program for International Students to transition from temporary residence to permanent residence, they require:

  • At least two years post secondary education in Canada and
  • One year full–time Canadian skilled work experience in specific job categories and
  • Language proficiency (English or French) needed for occupation.
  • Temporary Foreign Workers with
  • At least two years of recent [in the last 3 years] full-time Canadian skilled work experience in specific job categories and
  • Language proficiency (English or French) needed for occupation.

Application Procedure:

  • Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process, or apply from elsewhere within one year of leaving their job in Canada.
  •  Selection will be based on a pass/fail system.
  • Applicants will be selected if they meet the parameters noted above, have legally come to Canada to work or study, have valid temporary status in Canada at the time of application, and have moderate official language proficiency.

Experienced Canadian Immigration Lawyers Are Standing By To Help You

Niren & Associates’ 30 years of combined experience has helped hundreds of people successfully transition from Temporary Residence To Permanent Residence through the Canadian Experience Class program.  We don’t dabble in family law, personal injury or taxes… we only practice US and Canadian immigration, so we are well equipped to help you.

  • We have a proven track record in our Ottawa office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
  • Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now

Click Here to contact an experienced Canadian immigration lawyer from our Ottawa, ON office today

Niren & Associates instructed me on exactly what I needed, they gave me a synopsis of the process and they also were adamant about what information and facts I had to provide before they’d send in the application. I could have not completed it on my own. The entire process from start to finish was worth it. Lyla S.

Updates for Canadian Experience Class: December 4, 2009

On December 4th, Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC) published a major update to a chapter of its Canadian Experience Class category. The chapter that was updated involves the processing of applications for permanent residency in the Canadian Experience Class, and includes the criteria that must be met by applicants and how refusals are handled.