Canadians are applying for US Work Visas and US Work Permits in record numbers. Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), USA Visa procedures have been made easier for Canadians to work in the United States.
NAFTA has virtually opened the doors for Canadians and businesses seeking to enter the U.S markets. Large corporations, small businesses and professionals are seizing new opportunities to work in the United States.
It Can Be Challenging Choosing The Right Work Visa
Under NAFTA, Canadians can apply for the following US work visas on a fast track basis. Not just Canadians, any foreign national can apply for a US work visa.
However, if you are not Canadian or Mexican, you will not be eligible to apply for a TN Visa under NAFTA. However, other US Work visas such as L-1, E-2, H-1B are certainly open to you.
- TN Work Visa : Fast track US Work Visas for Canadians who can get approved on the spot at the US/Canada Port of Entry.
- L-1 Work Visa : US Work Visa for workers and owners in Canada or other countries wishing to transfer to their US new office or existing business.
- E2 Work Visa : You can get a US Work Visa by Investing in the USA. (Not under NAFTA)
Canadians and other nationals can also apply based on non-immigrant employment and investment applications under other categories such as:
- H-1B Specialty Occupations
- H-2B Non-Agricultural Workers
- E-1 Treaty Traders and E-2 Treaty Investors
- J-1 Visa for Education and Cultural Exchange
With Our Experience in US immigration, We Can Help You Choose The Most Suitable Route
US immigration is second only to US tax law in regards to complexity. Our focus is on immigration law only, so our firm is equipped with the proper infrastructure and our immigration lawyers have the processes and procedures in place to increase our Clients’ chances of approval.
Niren & Associates’ 30 years of combined experience has helped thousands of people successfully obtain US Immigration Work Permits and Visas.
- We have a proven track record in our Ottawa office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
- Our US immigration lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now
I walked in expecting the worst as a result of past occurrences with the previous lawyer but instead walked into a very positive situation. The officer didn’t have any detrimental comments in regards to the application and issued the L1A Visa in a few minutes of standing at the interview window. Thank you so much. I offer you a WOW with regard to support and also knowledge. Deirdre L.