The objective of the Business Immigration Program is to encourage investment and employment in Canada through the migration of people who have the ability to successfully establish or invest in a business in Canada.
If you want to meet your business or investment objectives, then you need to the choose the right partner in processing your application for the best possible chances of approval.
There are three Business Immigration Categories:
- Self Employed
Business immigrants must apply at one of nine Business Immigration Centres — Beijing, Bonn, Buffalo, Damascus, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Seoul and Singapore.
How Does One Qualify For a Business Immigration Visa?
To qualify in the Investor Immigration Program, an applicant destined for any province in Canada you must:
- Have successfully operated, controlled or directed a business;
- Have accumulated through his or her own endeavors a net worth of at least CAD$1,600,000
- Invest CAD$800,000 for five years with the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada which acts as an agent on behalf of provincial and territorial investment funds. (Note: Your $800,000 can be financed so that you could invest say, $200,000 of your own capital)
An applicant destined for the Province of Quebec must:
- Have at least three years of managerial experience in a profitable commercial, industrial or agricultural business or, alternatively, have at least three years of managerial experience in a government, governmental organization, or international organization;
- Have accumulated a net worth of at least CAD$1,600,000 through legitimate economic activities; and
- Invest CAD$800,000 for five years in a Quebec-approved investment fund.
In order to qualify in the Entrepreneur Immigration Program, one must also meet certain conditions in connection with his or her business in Canada. The Entrepreneur must:
- Establish, purchase or make a substantial investment in a business in Canada within 2 years of landing in Canada which will result in a significant contribution to the economy
- Engage in active and ongoing participation in the management of the business
- Employ at least one Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident other than the Entrepreneur and his dependents.
- To ensure that these conditions are met, Entrepreneurs are required to report to immigration officials their progress, on a regular basis within this two year period.
- NOTE: This program is likely to be cancelled and is no longer a viable option for most applicants.
To qualify under the Self-Employed Program category, an applicant:
- Must demonstrate an intention and ability to establish or purchase a business in Canada that will keep him or her employed and make a “significant” contribution to the economy or the cultural or artistic life of Canada.
- Must demonstrate that the proposed business will generate sufficient revenues to support the applicant and his or her dependents.
- Farmers, artisans, sports personalities, actors, consultants, and operators of small business outlets that may be in demand are examples of applicants who may qualify.
Assessment in this category is based upon:
- Business ability and experience (when applying under the economic contribution component of the Self-Employed description);
- Artistic qualifications (when applying under the artistic/cultural component of the Self-Employed description); and
- Net worth (sufficient to establish/purchase the proposed business).
Don’t Apply For Permanent Residence and Business Immigration Without Proper Help
Applying is not straight forward if you don’t have the right legal help. Immigration laws are very difficult to understand. For the best chances of approval let us help you.
Niren & Associates’ 30 years of combined experience has helped hundreds of people successfully obtain Permanent Residence Through Business Immigration.
- We have a proven track record in our Ottawa office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
- We exclusively practice US and Canadian immigration cases and because of this have the infrastructure and processes to best help you
- Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now
I would like to thank the staff at Niren & Associates, Barristers and Solicitors, Canada and USA Immigration Lawyers for their service and legal advice. Linda D.