Immigration is the legal procedure that allows you to obtain Permanent Resident status in Canada.
- As a permanent resident, you are issued an immigrant visa called a Record of Landing by the Canadian government that allows you to live, work and study in Canada on a permanent basis.
- A Record of Landing will have an expiry date which means that you must actually enter Canada before the visa expires otherwise you will loose your right to enter Canada as a permanent resident and you will have to apply all over again!
- There is no such thing as a “Canadian Green Card”. Rather we call it a Permanent Resident Card but it essentially serves the same purpose as a US Green Card.
To avoid frustration and anxiety you have to pick the right immigration firm to help you with your unique situation, help fill out the correct paperwork and help collect the right supporting documentation to give you the best chances of approval.
What You Need To Know About Permanent Residence in Canada
- Permanent residence is NOT temporary status such as when you apply for a Visitor Visa, Work Permit or Study Permit.
- These are temporary visas that limit your stay in Canada for a certain period of time and severely restrict what you can and cannot do.
- Permanent residence has some limitations however. As a permanent resident you do not carry a Canadian passport, and there are certain residency restrictions imposed.
Apply For Permanent Resident of Canada With Experienced Guidance
Niren & Associates’ has over 14 years of experience in helping thousands of people successfully obtain Permanent Residence status in Canada.
- We can process your application no matter where you reside in the world as long as you have the means to communicate with us
- Our immigration lawyers have the experience in presenting each application to best represent you and to best increase your chances at getting an approval
- We have a proven track record in our Ottawa office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
- Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now
After consulting with several Canadian lawyers, Niren & Associates was the only one willing to work with us. At this point we have been approved for our Canadian Permanent Resident. Brian T.
There Are a Number of Ways to Obtain a Canadian Immigrant Visa
You should think about it in terms of “immigration categories”. Each category represents a legal means for an applicant to obtain permanent resident status. Three main categories for Canadian immigration are:
- Independent/Skilled Worker Category
- Business Immigration
- Family Class Immigration
- Canadian Experience Class
If you want to immigrate to Canada, you will have to qualify under at least one of these categories.
Once I am a Permanent Resident of Canada, What are my Obligations?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada requires that permanent residents of Canada hold a valid permanent resident card. You will need to meet the permanent residency requirements and renew your permanent residence card every five years.
Don’t Begin Without Expert Canadian Immigration Advice
The immigration laws are difficult to understand and if you fill out the application incorrectly or don’t have the necessary support documents, then you could be receiving a refusal letter. Let us help you assess your particular situation, help you put forth the best application possible.
Thanks for all your help! I would probably still be waiting for my permanent residence if it wasn’t for you. I will be sure to recommend your office to people needing assistance. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend! Roberta H.